The 3rd Pathways to Progress
Medico Legal Conference
SPORT, MEDICINE AND THE LAW
Friday 20th September 2019
Kilronan Castle, Ballyfarnon, Co. Roscommon
CallanTansey is one of Ireland’s leading litigation firms. We act for players and athletes who claim they have received poor treatment for sports injuries. We also advise a number of Schools, Boards of Management and Sports Clubs. We see the positive impact of sport on the recovery of injured patients. Anton Savage was our MC and Chair of our lively panel discussions. We were joined again by Ms. Justice Marie Baker of the Court of Appeal as our Keynote Speaker.
We heard from world class legal experts, medical experts and sporting figures to discuss:
- How can Clubs/Organisations take steps to protect themselves to minimise or avoid liability for injuries sustained by players in training or competition?
- What are the common pitfalls for medical practitioners treating sports injuries?
- What liability attaches in respect of the assessment of head injuries in collision sports, in particular rugby?
- What can American Football teach us about the impact collision sports can have and the long-term implications of head injuries?
- What can sport teach us about recovery and inclusivity?