Solicitors in Sligo, Dublin, Boyle, Ballina, Galway & Limerick
What is Family Law?
Family law is an area of the law that deals with family-related issues and domestic relations including:
- the nature of marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships;
- issues arising throughout marriage, including spousal abuse, legitimacy, adoption, surrogacy, child abuse, and child abduction
- the termination of the relationship and ancillary matters including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, and parental responsibility orders;
- Paternity fraud and testing.
Our Family Law Team
Our solicitors provide a comprehensive and sympathetic family law service. We understand that the breakup of a relationship can be one of the most traumatic events in a person’s life. Whilst we cannot change your circumstances we can ensure that this event is dealt with in a sensitive and sympathetic manner and ensure that you are advised of your legal rights and obligations under Irish legislation.
We are acutely aware of the effect of marital breakdown on the family unit and we will endeavour to find solutions which will facilitate the minimum impact on the lives of children involved. We will do everything in our power to implement mediated and negotiated agreements and will only pursue your matter through the courts when all other non contentious avenues have been exhausted.
We will work with actuaries and forensic accountants to deal with complex financial arrangements and pensions and will advise you of the impact of such on you in lay mans terms.
Our services include the following:-
- Separation Agreements
- Judicial Separation
- Divorce/ Consent Divorce
- Co-habitation/non marital relationships
- Division of assets
- Child law